Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 ZR2 CC W/ 2.8 DMAX AND 6SPD
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as you can tell from the posting title, my well meaning son dumped the entire 2.5 gallons of d e f, into my fuel tank with a half tank of diesel already in there, I towed it to my local Chevy dealer and was told $11,000 would get me up and running again! I just got through with COVID , AGAIN, two kids being homeschooled and my insurance is about to drop me!! what do I do!?! what's the cheapest option maybe NON OEM option?

Thanks for ANY HELP u guys can provide........love reading this forum btw.
God bless
BTW I AINT COMPLAINING......JUST BITCHIN!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Was the truck started or powered up after the def went in? That would definitely affect things. Perhaps you could search for a wrecked or parting out duramax twin to transplant from? Thats about the biggest shitpickle ive heard in a good while. Bummed for you, man. Youre son probably feels terrible. Go give him a hug anyway.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Agreed give your son a hug. Sounds like something my 15 year old boy would do.
Take a deep breath and weigh your options.
God Bless you brother.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've seen a couple of posts with similar situations although not quite that amount:

Not sure what would cost $11,000 to fix though.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Whats the word anyway? Did it get started or powered up? Did it circulate the def, or just get poured in and thats it?
Awful curious....hopefully the latter, which would theoretically mean less of the fuel system got buggered.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts