Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
These weren't meant to be deleted they were actually redesigned from the world market to meet emissions in North America. I'd imagine that redesign to make the vm motori engine work there are some things that don't work properly after a delete. Rolling coal in a Colorado isn't the same as turning up a 12v Cummins you can tune the computer fuel maps etc but there is no p pump to turn up to 1000hp so let's all stop acting like it is on the Colorado.
Not chevys fault you decided to modify your truck beyond what's federally legal.
If you've blown a downpipe and it's not 15 years old and rusty that's you doing things you shouldn't do.

I've had my truck since 2017 and have way more miles with no delete an no major issues.

If you don't like it feel free to sell and go buy some other midsize diesel truck if you can import one or do like everyone else and get a Bronco break it then complain its ford fault.
Lmao piss off dude. I have an economy tune that increases fuel mileage and transmission shift patterns.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
What boostpowered said plus you bought it used and have no idea how it was treated. Then, you delete it and who knows what kind of tune or reprogramming was done to shut down all the normal error codes. Gm has plenty of faults but take responsibility for your choices and actions.
Wrong, I know exactly what was shut down on the tune as well and none of it has to do with my issues. The cracked exciter wheel was a GM factory defect, and the charge pipe had bad rubber, again, GM's fault.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Nice Looking truck Alabama Diesel Man, I want that bumper. (i hit a deer 2 months after buying it and have regretted not putting a bumper on it)
I have a 2018 Canyon bought new and now has 127,xxx miles and Im definietly experiencing more maintenance issues then my 2009 4 banger Tacoma. I (or the dealer depending on difficulty) have replaced reductant line heater, Cracked wheel, wheel bearings, now having this lurching, clunking problem under load while cruising-> still haven't figured that out :( (torque converter? motor mounts? rear diff?), and lots of small annoying problems (power outlets not working, drivers side door unlock button stopped working as soon as the warranty ran out, and ive replaced tail light bulbs at least a dozen times and tires dont seem to wear very well on top of the brakes, oil, filters,fluids etc.

But i like how clean the motor is, lower carbon emissions with overlanding potential that i can use for work (100-200 work day miles) was the goal when purchasing it and GM is the only game in town as far as midsize diesels go in the states. I did the Green Diesel tune and 30 MPGs without a trailer is awesome for a moderately capable tow rig. Ravenol oil changes with Blackstone labs has me up to 17,000 miles between oil changes, so some of that ownership cost comes back.

I think Toyota sets a pretty high bar that has spoiled me plus i drive it a whole lot like ADM and therefore will have more maintenance costs. So i like the truck and when I think about what i would replace it with, its always a new version of the baby duramax, probably the new one AT4 if money was no concern.

Just my 2 cents
We seem to be in the same sort of life situation and chose the truck for the same exact reasons. It's unfortunate but it's personally my luck for me to have the weirdest issues no one else has, even when I take great care of my things. For about the first 8 months I made sure to do all the maintenance as per the factory recommendations but, just my luck for GM defects to rear their ugly heads.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Tunes that are EPA compliant still use DEF. You can tune, be good to the environment, and not break EPA laws. (However, please dont take that as my encouraging tuning. I just don’t know enough about it to say it is a good idea. My main “like” with my tune is better fuel economy and improved torque converter lock up with the trans tune. I am not deleted and while at one time was considering a delete, I have soured on the idea for a number or reasons.)
Being good to the environment would be deleting your truck so that you dont support a government mandated pollution causing industry that puts extra plastic, cardboard, and diesel Semis on the road to get sheep piss to stations and stores.

·
Registered
37 Posts
We seem to be in the same sort of life situation and chose the truck for the same exact reasons. It's unfortunate but it's personally my luck for me to have the weirdest issues no one else has, even when I take great care of my things. For about the first 8 months I made sure to do all the maintenance as per the factory recommendations but, just my luck for GM defects to rear their ugly heads.
I feel your pain I have a 2018 and at 55k the O2s went out along with the cat. and a couple of other things. Cant cry much since GM paid the bill. Could have been the fact i used GM def. wow 25 bucks a container. I am now at 77k mi. waiting for a weird noise and roadside pull off. Not a way to enjoy a truck my 3500 ram is a much better truck no issues 237k miles, no worries either. now i am contemplating a trade or face the inevitable break down.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I feel your pain I have a 2018 and at 55k the O2s went out along with the cat. and a couple of other things. Cant cry much since GM paid the bill. Could have been the fact i used GM def. wow 25 bucks a container. I am now at 77k mi. waiting for a weird noise and roadside pull off. Not a way to enjoy a truck my 3500 ram is a much better truck no issues 237k miles, no worries either. now i am contemplating a trade or face the inevitable break down.
Yeah I'm sure there's worse trucks but I'm not aware, I'm pretty disenchanted with it right now but at least it's better than the 2022 Dodge 2500 Promaster ambulance recently bought that has 1632 miles on it and has already grenaded the transmission and needs warranty work as a result. Might have that back to us in 2-3 months they said :rolleyes:

21 - 27 of 27 Posts