Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother ordered two before they were available. Finally they came in. They were built one day apart with the VIN last number one count different. I gave up my 2008 Silverado Duramax for the Colorado. I miss the toughness and power of the big truck, but not the difficultly in parking and the ride. The big truck got 13 to 14 mpg with no trailer when I first bought it, then over 22 mpg with no trailer after some adjustments. The Colorado's best is 43 mpg, but that is driving slow. Driving 60 mph it gets about 32 mpg and driving 80 mph it gets about 27 depending on terrain. Not really much better than the big truck. The big truck got 22.5 mpg driving 80 to 85 mph in the mountains. I miss the power and torque a bit. My brother and I have just starting getting CELs from the emission sensor(s). He has nearly 36,000 miles and I have about 22,000 miles. The side of the driver's seats have torn on both. His seats were replaced and mine not yet.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Once you make some adjustments to the exhaust and the programming they really come alive. Much more fun to drive. I can't believe how much more I like my truck since the changes, I like that it has a bit of a growl now and man does it have bottom end torque.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts