Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
There is a new TSB (#19-NA-124) that is supposed to address a potential "software anomaly" that may cause P1476. The 6 times I have had it they have replaced the sensor and/or reflashed the ECM.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hey all. I have a 2017 Colorado 2.8, I bought it certified used in 2019 with 16K on it. I drove it for about 4000 miles with no trouble. I had the ECU flashed as part of the recall a few months and maybe 2000 miles ago. Last night when driving home (local driving) truck threw a P1476 CEL. Truck continued to run fine with no issues. I haven’t cleared it and on restart the CEL is still there. The truck is still under the certified used extended warrantee for another 2 months. It seemed the latest ECU flash was supposed to address this issue? I assume I should bring it in for this code as maybe it’s not a software abnormality but maybe a true faulty sensor?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey all. I have a 2017 Colorado 2.8, I bought it certified used in 2019 with 16K on it. I drove it for about 4000 miles with no trouble. I had the ECU flashed as part of the recall a few months and maybe 2000 miles ago. Last night when driving home (local driving) truck threw a P1476 CEL. Truck continued to run fine with no issues. I haven’t cleared it and on restart the CEL is still there. The truck is still under the certified used extended warrantee for another 2 months. It seemed the latest ECU flash was supposed to address this issue? I assume I should bring it in for this code as maybe it’s not a software abnormality but maybe a true faulty sensor?
My 2016 Colorado 2.8 just threw the P1476. Cleared it with my scanner, CEL is off, but it's still showing under "permanent trouble code" in my app. turbodiverart, did you have the dealer check it out?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I didn't go to the dealer. it cleared both time son it's own for me in a day or two. Both times it happened I was on the same tank of fuel from a station I've never used before they they had good prices so I filled up. Personally I think they may have had old fuel cause a couple weeks after everyone else raised their diesel prices I noticed this station did too. When I filled up they sort of had the "old price" before all the other stations raised theirs. I have since filled up twice from my usual stations and have not had a CEL light since then. I'm thinking I got some bad fuel and it tripped this code. I know the code is a software issue code but it just seems strange that it only happened on fuel from a station I've never used and has not come back once I burned thru all that fuel.

·
Registered
9 Posts
As I mentioned, I cleared the code with my handheld but P1476 was still showing under permanent code. However, the CEL didn't come on again. The truck goes through a regen and now no more code is detected. I hope this is the end of it

·
Registered
134 Posts
As I mentioned, I cleared the code with my handheld but P1476 was still showing under permanent code. However, the CEL didn't come on again. The truck goes through a regen and now no more code is detected. I hope this is the end of it
Interesting, so the regen cleared the permanent code? Do you have the latest software flash that came out a year or two ago? Mine has the latest software flash. I know I had a permanent code after the CEL cleared itself and the light went out. I haven't checked but I know I've done a regen or two since the last CEL was tripped.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Interesting, so the regen cleared the permanent code? Do you have the latest software flash that came out a year or two ago? Mine has the latest software flash. I know I had a permanent code after the CEL cleared itself and the light went out. I haven't checked but I know I've done a regen or two since the last CEL was tripped.
Well, I actually don’t know if the regen clears it or not. But I was monitoring the live data on my OBD app and it said regen was in progress. After it finished, I checked for the code and now everything is cleared.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I just looked and mine still has the permanent code set. The difference is that you cleared your code and I allowed the computer to clear it for me. Who knows?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts