Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, Ron here. I have a 2016 colorado with 150000 miles and have never seen a regen message. At least nothing that said "regen now" or "regen in process". I have had messages telling me I will be restricted on speed etc but never a warning or message that a "regen" was happening. Is it something you assume when you get a message that speed will be restricted etc?
Thanks for your input.
Ron

· Registered
22 Posts
Hi everyone, Ron here. I have a 2016 colorado with 150000 miles and have never seen a regen message. At least nothing that said "regen now" or "regen in process". I have had messages telling me I will be restricted on speed etc but never a warning or message that a "regen" was happening. Is it something you assume when you get a message that speed will be restricted etc?
Thanks for your input.
Ron
If regens are occuring how they should you will never see a message in the DIC stating "regen in process". The speed restricted message will only occur if the computer can't complete the regen after multiple attempts. This will happen if you have an issue with the emissions system, or you excessively take short trips 5-10 miles or less. This doesn't allow everything to get up to temp long enough to complete a regen.

The only ways to tell you are actively regening are a slightly higher idle, a drop in instant mpg of about 4-5 mpg and a smell from the tailpipe. Unless you have a gauge like a idash or other that displays when regen is occuring.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts