Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Give me all your thoughts about this...

2017 Colorado Duramax diesel, I'm at 44000km, and the truck has been in the shop 14 times in less than a year. Granted, 4 for oil change and 1 for installing winter tires. Purchased new!

To make this short, the three big issues...
-Manifold issues ( posted this issue awhile ago, and the issues are back again.)
-smell of exhaust in cab
-Check engine light stayed on for 630km till I could get it in the shop, and they informed me that the DPF was completely clogged, and they had to replace it. Its warranty, and at $2500 for the part, I'm thankful for that. I received the Emissions Sensor Recall way before my dealership did, so I had to wait a few months to get that done. they did the recall work today, so see how that goes.
When the service guy told me about the DPF, I told him that the truck has never regen'd, and said that obviously the emission's sensor has failed to detect when the particulates were built up enough that a regen should be done. (Our fire trucks have the DPF system, and I've gone through regens many times.)

minor issue... the door open chime keeps randomly going off?
...check engine light came on a couple months(give or take) after I got it. Was told nothing found on inspection.

All and all, I'm at the point of giving the vehicle back. Too bad I can't. This is my first Chevy/GMC vehicle, and I'm extremely disappointed. I'm the first in my fire Dept to own one of these, and I'm telling all the guys to stay clear of this vehicle...for now.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Sorry you’re upset, i would be too. If chevy is fixing your problems and giving you a loaner then they’re doing all that they can to help.

Sounds like you got a turd. Many of us have great trucks. There seem to be a few turds out there, though. Sometimes that happens, How gm handles the problem will show their quality.

Another post you mentioned warped manifold. Clogged dpf could’ve overheated the manifold and warped it? Plausible. Have them check the turbo too

Btw, if you have a scanner you can see how many km since last regen.
99CC5D6E-9DCF-4020-B210-EDD205845996.jpeg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts