Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I've been having an issue with my truck since last summer where the engine surges when I first start it up. Once the engine has warmed up a bit it stops surging. I've mentioned it to my mechanic but without it throwing any error codes was never able to figure out what was going on.
The other morning I went out to start the truck. Let it warm up a few minutes. Put it in reverse to back out the driveway and the surging started and then it stalled.
I took it to the mechanic and they updated the software, changed the fuel filter and put in fuel supplement (antigel and cetane boost) so it has been a few days now and it is still surging. Hasn't stalled again though.
Do I just need to give it more time with the additive? Has anyone else had this problem? How was it resolved? Thanks!

· Registered
263 Posts
Go into the settings on the radio, under comfort or convenience is a setting for "Elevated Idle." Either toggle it off and then back on or, if neither is selected, select one of the options. It's a software bug and toggling this setting off and back on resolves it. I've never had it stall before, though, so you may have a different issue however the fact that it's only happening when the engine is cold suggests this may be the same underlying issue. Worth trying and it's free.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts