Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, Im new to this forum page and have not really been involved in a forum page before so bare with me as I navigate this site lol. Anyways, I have a 2019 Chevy with the duramax that i bought in May, so far I have put 17,500 miles on it with ZERO issues. Love the truck! Today i was nearing the end of my trip and my first engine light came on, I plugged in my OBD scanner and pulled up a P1089 code, the description said "Please refer to vehicle service manual!". I looked in every book i got with the dealer but couldnt find anything... its possible i missed it? But after a google search as well I couldnt find any specific posts regarding my engine with that code. Some of the larger duramaxs relate that code to a low fuel rail pressure or something like that. Cant quiet remember... Any ways, was hoping someone on here may have had the similar code or might know what it is before I call up the Demon Dealer? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
99 Posts
DTC P1089
Fuel Rail Pressure Performance During Deceleration Fuel Cut Off

The Engine Control Module (ECM) monitors for changes in fuel rail pressure when the vehicle is in a deceleration condition and the fuel injected quantity is at zero. When scan tool parameter Deceleration Fuel Cut Off is active, the fuel rail pressure should not deviate more than 2 MPa (290 PSI) from a calculated setpoint. If the fuel rail pressure deviates more than 2. MPa (290 PSI) from the calculated setpoint for approximately 10 seconds of cumulative deceleration (this may take multiple drive cycles), the DTC will set.

Conditions for Running the DTC
Ignition voltage is greater than 11 V.
Enginecoolant temperature is between 68–117°C (154–243°F).
Fuel temperature is between 0–70°C (32–158°F).
Transmission is in 4th, 5th, or 6th gear.
Deceleration Fuel Cut Off is active for greater than 13 s.
Engine speed is greater than 1500 RPM.
The DTC runs continuous when the above conditions exist.

Conditions for Setting the DTC
Rail pressure deviates more than 2 MPa (290 PSI) from a calculated setpoint while in Fuel Cut Off for greater than 10 s of cumulative deceleration.

Diagnostic Aids
Aftermarket components to improve performance may cause a DTC to set.
This Diagnostic parameter is stored in the ECM over a period of time.
Time to set this DTC may take several drive cycles.
A restricted, kinked, or damaged fuel supply line including restricted fuel filtermay cause this DTC to set.
Water or contaminated fuel may cause this DTC to intermittently set. Refer to Contaminants in Fuel Diagnosis.
When ambient temperatures are below 0°C (32°F), the fuel tank pickup screen may be iced over from water in the fuel tank

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome Thanks! My fuel filter life is still at 50% but honestly I think its time to change them anyways, theyre ordered and should be here soon so hopefully that will fix it. If not itll probably be going in. Thanks for all that info!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just took my 2019 z71 Diesel in for this code P1089 yesterday. I had this code once about 6 weeks ago and the dealership reprogrammed my ECU. This time they say that the fuel pressure sensor is not reading accurately, so it will need to be replaced. The part is on backorder. They will call me when it comes in and replace it under warranty. I currently have 22,615 miles on the truck. I just thought I'd add to this thread to provide as much information as possible on this issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts