Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ill be picking mine up on Tuesday. Been doing a lot of research and have found little information on delete options on the 19 & 20 models. Some say it’s not possible, others are saying it is.

So does anyone have straight answers to this question.

since it seems these little diesels are prone to emissions issues..I am opting to do a delete and void the warranty if I must to insure life of the motor.

I drive a modern big truck, let me tell you that the issues I have with clogged regen systems and DPF issues aren’t just on the small motors! My company truck just cost $6500 to have the system repaired on a newer truck with 200k on it.

I live in a area without emission testing, so that isn’t a concern. Just hoping that it’s still a viable option on the 2020 model.

Thanks, Frank

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Well. Deleting 2019 (and 2020) models was difficult before the whole EPA crackdown. Supposedly it cost like...$2500+ for just the tuning, plus an exhaust. 2016-2018 models were like $800 for tuning. Was super difficult I heard to do the 2019’ and newer.

But, now with the EPA cracking down on tuners, you will have a very difficult time finding someone who can do any delete tuning. Motor Ops out of Canada did tuning for 2016-2018’s but I have no idea if they do the newer trucks.

So, probably going to have to leave the truck with emissions intact. You can still get emissions intact tuning for it though. But that doesn’t solve your question.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts