Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I agree with what you’re saying but why build the 3.0 here? They could’ve consolidated the little motors to one plant over seas. The only reason to support a US built 3.0 would be that the 3.0 will only be sold in NA.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I agree with what you’re saying but why build the 3.0 here? They could’ve consolidated the little motors to one plant over seas. The only reason to support a US built 3.0 would be that the 3.0 will only be sold in NA.
You might be on to something there.
i read that the rest of the world has much lower air standards so maybe it would be a waste of time having the 3.0 outside NA.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Now I see articles about air quality in California.
They claim diesel truck traffic down 5%
Gas vehicle traffic down 50%
Air quality way up.
Seems diesels are not the cause of poor air quality after all.
Truck traffic is still delivering goods.
Gas vehicle traffic is down due to the covid19....

Still don’t understand why diesel is so much higher than gas in the USA
In Canada diesel is cheaper than gas.

When I do research on this they say it’s because of the cost of the new low sulfur diesel.
hmmm

Rob

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I agree. Where will we dispose of all the batteries. Ever seen a battery catch fire. I think that it will create a larger environmental impact than we are now. And if you went overlanding in an electric truck where would you charge it. You'd need a 5000 watt generator that runs on ......oh yeah fuel. And how long would it take to solar charge.
Also, cold weather and towing are known to dramatically reduce range. There will need to be a breakthrough in power source technology before Electric Vehicles, especially task oriented trucks will be viable across the many applications and temperature/climate variations we have on planet earth.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts