Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not exactly sure how this happened? Thinking the injector never seated properly. Just a mess. Anyways. How do you remove this thing? Had the engine out when I replaced the injectors. Looks like the wiper valance has to come off. Anyone got a link to instructions on how to do that?
Automotive tire Gas Auto part Metal Font

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I got the cowl off. Found the seal on the injector seat to be all bent up. Kinda weird not sure how that happened. Anyways truck is still acting up. Through the power of further diagnosis I’ve determined cylinder 3 has an issue. Anyone know how to do a compression test on one of these engines? Through the glow plug holes I’d assume but they’re kinda hard to get at with the fuel rail in the way…

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well I got the cowl off. Found the seal on the injector seat to be all bent up. Kinda weird not sure how that happened. Anyways truck is still acting up. Through the power of further diagnosis I’ve determined cylinder 3 has an issue. Anyone know how to do a compression test on one of these engines? Through the glow plug holes I’d assume but they’re kinda hard to get at with the fuel rail in the way…
Here is the procedure.
Font Parallel Screenshot Art Document

Font Parallel Art Paper Paper product

1 - 11 of 11 Posts