Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Owner 2000, Ford F-250, 7.3L Diesel. 275,000 miles. Hi All, Just wanted to get some recommendations. About a year and a half/two years ago, I had a glow plug issue, and having been a frequent traveler, airlines, I couldn't take my truck to the airport during the winter, so I parked it at my Father-In-Laws. I had started it a few times, kept it plugged in, and it was still running, until over the winter my truck ended up being converted to a squirrel nest. Now, my father-in-law has passed, I am off the road, and I would like to get my truck running again. At first, I thought I could take on the challenge, but there is some serious damage to the wiring. I am currently looking around the metro Denver area to find the best place to take it or even come up with an estimate of repair, including glow plug replacement. I am going to have to tow it somewhere, Squirrels eat the caps off the batteries, and haven't replaced those yet. So, any thoughts recommendations?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Owner 2000, Ford F-250, 7.3L Diesel. 275,000 miles. Hi All, Just wanted to get some recommendations. About a year and a half/two years ago, I had a glow plug issue, and having been a frequent traveler, airlines, I couldn't take my truck to the airport during the winter, so I parked it at my Father-In-Laws. I had started it a few times, kept it plugged in, and it was still running, until over the winter my truck ended up being converted to a squirrel nest. Now, my father-in-law has passed, I am off the road, and I would like to get my truck running again. At first, I thought I could take on the challenge, but there is some serious damage to the wiring. I am currently looking around the metro Denver area to find the best place to take it or even come up with an estimate of repair, including glow plug replacement. I am going to have to tow it somewhere, Squirrels eat the caps off the batteries, and haven't replaced those yet. So, any thoughts recommendations?
Check with your insurance agent.
Your truck may be a write off.
Friend had similar issue with Toyota and they wrote it off.
Huge job to re-wire.
Best to get entire harness out of a wrecked truck.
Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts