Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 ac radiator took a crap replaced it and was going to vacuum out system and recharge when I discovered the gauges quick connects wont fit the trucks hi or low conector ports seems the male connectors on truck are bigger than the female hose connectors is this something only Gm has I could Scratch my head if it was just low side but high side connectors are to big to 5 mill

·
Registered
437 Posts
I have a 2018 ac radiator took a crap replaced it and was going to vacuum out system and recharge when I discovered the gauges quick connects wont fit the trucks hi or low conector ports seems the male connectors on truck are bigger than the female hose connectors is this something only Gm has I could Scratch my head if it was just low side but high side connectors are to big to 5 mill
No it's not GM it's because of the freon used. In 2018 they went to that Y1234f stuff and I'm sure they were forced to use different connectors by some government agency that's there to help!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found them on line boy they just keep putting it to us will have to buy expensive r1234yf fluid plus’s adaptor

·
Registered
437 Posts
Found them on line boy they just keep putting it to us will have to buy expensive r1234yf fluid plus’s adaptor
Yup but from what I understand R134a will work just fine, do some research......

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok got the ac connectors in vacumed out the system and installed r134 everything seems to work ok on to next project

·
Registered
437 Posts
Ok got the ac connectors in vacumed out the system and installed r134 everything seems to work ok on to next project
Good deal, nice to hear a WIN.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts