Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone - Hope this is in the right place
Thanks for creating this awesome forum and meeting the wonderful people here. I am looking to get a 2020 Chevy Colorado zr2 vehicle and I am looking to the community to check if there is anything I should be looking out for while doing my inspection.

Things I will be looking out for are
coolant or oil leads
Weird noises coming from the engine
check the transmission for slips and jolt
verify all the electronics are working properly

They asking price is $30,900 and it has 58000 miles with a Salvage Title.

If you guys have any suggestions on what to check.
Looking forward to joining this family, thanks

UPDATE:
Thank you all for your contribution to this post, I have been wary of buying this vehicle, and on further research, I decided to run the VIN CHECK confirmed my fears.
I found that
Primary DamageAll Over
Secondary DamageAll Over

this is exactly what I was trying to {do/avoid}. Imagine if I did not make this research I would have ended up vehicle having the wrong spec, not friendly to climate, high fuel consumption, High MRSP, etc, please have a look at the report (It's only $15 if you guys don't want to spend $40 for a Carfax)

Here is the link to the report: Get Instant Vehicle History Report

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive side marker light

Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Automotive tail & brake light

·
Registered
3 Posts
That seems a bit steep for a salvage title. According to Kelly Bluebook, a ZR2 with standard package, same mileage in good condition non salvage title is $33,000 private sale. It does look like there are some aftermarket upgrades, but knowing the reason for the salvage title would be my biggest concern.

·
Registered
2020 Chevy Colorado 2.8 Diesel Automatic.
12 Posts
Beware of salvage titles unless you know what you're looking at. Many vehicles are showing up because of flooding, so there's no paint mismatches or misaligned panels. You need to look in hidden places like under the cowl cover, in the corners behind the back seat, etc. and look for mud and stains. Rust on the seat tracks where they slide and around bolts, screws and welded seams in the body. Bright orange rust on scratches on the frame and/or other components would suggest salt water flooding, stay away from those, they're already dead. It seems a bit high for a vehicle with the risk associated with a salvage title. Lots of hurricanes = lots of flooding = lots of salvage titles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Beware of salvage titles unless you know what you're looking at. Many vehicles are showing up because of flooding, so there's no paint mismatches or misaligned panels. You need to look in hidden places like under the cowl cover, in the corners behind the back seat, etc. and look for mud and stains. Rust on the seat tracks where they slide and around bolts, screws and welded seams in the body. Bright orange rust on scratches on the frame and/or other components would suggest salt water flooding, stay away from those, they're already dead. It seems a bit high for a vehicle with the risk associated with a salvage title. Lots of hurricanes = lots of flooding = lots of salvage titles.
Thank you for your suggestion
I would rather get a clean title, knowing that when I resell it, it would go faster and doesn't loose the value much.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATE:
Thank you all for your contribution to this post, I have been wary of buying this vehicle, and on further research, I decided to run the VIN CHECK confirmed my fears.
I found that
Primary DamageAll Over
Secondary DamageAll Over

this is exactly what I was trying to {do/avoid}. Imagine if I did not make this research I would have ended up vehicle having the wrong spec, not friendly to climate, high fuel consumption, High MRSP, etc, please have a look at the report (It's only $15 if you guys don't want to spend $40 for a Carfax)

Here is the link to the report: Get Instant Vehicle History Report
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Truck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts