Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2017 GMC Canyon LB SLT 2.8L Duramaxtune. Loads of upgrades.
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

Back story if you care.. Did some 4x4 trails checking out some old abandon gold mines in Panamint Valley California with a bunch of different trucks and Jeeps and I busted the passenger side Alignment Cam.

The drive back to camp was interesting. Pulled to the right, hard. Luckily someone in our group helped me do some adjustments to the tie rod to toe-in the tire so I could drive it without destroying the tire.

I was able to limp the 6-hour drive home which was a good thing since my wife was with me as she had to drive our RV home. I usually tow the truck behind it.

Anyway. the Truck shop that I fixed the alignment said they see this happen often and they install aftermarket Alignment Cams for Toyota Trucks and Jeeps but the shop was unable to locate any for a Colorado or Canyon.

If anyone knows of an aftermarket shop that sells these or if you know a shop that can fabricate them, please let me know. The Truck shop I use said the ones on our trucks are very flimsy and based on everything I've done to my suspension it's one of the weak points, so it could break again.

Photos from the flattest part of the trail. You can see the rest behind me.

Photo near the gold mine

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Good question. I’ll also be interested to know about more durable cams. Will need to glance down there and see how vulnerable the stock ones are (once the snow melts). Makes me think though that such risks are the risky nature of doing serious offroading (which I admittedly don’t). I got some Superskids and shock skids for my Colorado, but then I see that big pumpkin hanging down. Seems like an endless domino chain to chase.

Man do I miss DV. I once drove my Subaru Outback up Darwin Canyon road and didn’t even break anything. Good thing, because I played hookey - it was a quiet Wednesday and I was the only one out there except for one dirt biker.

Reactions: thx2net
1 - 2 of 2 Posts