Discussion Starter #1
I been using Hot Shots secret Everyday Diesel Treatment
  • Boost cetane up to 7 points
  • Maintains clean injectors
  • Increases fuel economy, improves power & performance
  • Prevents rust & corrosion
  • Neutralizes acids & disperses moisture
  • Adds lubricity
It seemed to work ok. Didn’t notice any increase in milage. Been using this for 2 years

Then I tried Ams Oil All in One Diesel additive
AMSOIL Diesel All-In-One (ADB) combines the superior detergency and improved lubricity of AMSOIL Diesel Injector Clean, the excellent cold-flow and anti-gelling properties of AMSOIL Diesel Cold Flow and the increased horsepower and cetane of AMSOIL Cetane Boost in one convenient package. It is safe for use in all diesel fuels, including biodiesel.

I was getting between 8.8 - 9.0 litters per 100 km or 31 - 32 mpg

with the Amsoil
8.0 - 8.1 l/100km or 35mpg

Impressive but expensive

I filled the truck after adding the diesel all in one and instantly noticed the fuel consumption dropping.
Problem is the extra milage will not pay for the cost of the additive
even at our high Canadian prices..

Rob

·
Super Moderator
421 Posts
I was going to order a case of All In One, but never got around to it. IIRC it was USD $6.50 per bottle. The stuff I usually use is over twice that.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was going to order a case of All In One, but never got around to it. IIRC it was USD $6.50 per bottle. The stuff I usually use is over twice that.
Good price
I am in Canada and our dollar doesn’t buy much these days.

I came across a video showing how the use of some cetane improver products were damaging the DOC
I hope AMSOIL and Hotshots are not one of those products............

Rob

·
Registered
10 Posts
I use 6oz of Power Service Diesel Kleen in every tank. Engine run smooth.
Responding to the diesel fuel additives, do any of you see any advantage with keeping the DPF filter cleaner and fewer Regen events? Also, have any of you installed an excess oil can? Forget the correct name.
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
595 Posts
Responding to the diesel fuel additives, do any of you see any advantage with keeping the DPF filter cleaner and fewer Regen events? Also, have any of you installed an excess oil can? Forget the correct name.
Thanks
Mike
i don’t really know if it keep the DPF clean, but it does make the Enugu r smoother and feel a tad bit faster response on stock setup.
Excess oil can? Did you meant to say catch can? If yes, then I have a ProVent 200 installed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i don’t really know if it keep the DPF clean, but it does make the Enugu r smoother and feel a tad bit faster response on stock setup.
Excess oil can? Did you meant to say catch can? If yes, then I have a ProVent 200 installed.
Thanks for the response.
Yes, Catch Can, is what I was searching for. I am going to install one and begin using the diesel additive. I have 37,000 miles on a 2017 and have had the DPF along with sensors replaced twice. Once at 16,000 and once at 32,000 miles.
Thanks

·
Registered
595 Posts
Thanks for the response.
Yes, Catch Can, is what I was searching for. I am going to install one and begin using the diesel additive. I have 37,000 miles on a 2017 and have had the DPF along with sensors replaced twice. Once at 16,000 and once at 32,000 miles.
Thanks
dang, sorry to hear you have been having issue with the sensors.I have a 2017 Canyon and so far have been running smooth. I installed the catch can very early on, like before reaching 10k miles. I start using additives around 20k after a rough start and died in Utah at the beginning of winter. I had to use antigel. After that a buddy of mine who run a catapillar equipment company hook me up with what they use in there equipment (diesel kleen). Been using it in every tank since. Sasquatch ProVent kit is probably the best looking setup I have seen so far. You want to look into it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
dang, sorry to hear you have been having issue with the sensors.I have a 2017 Canyon and so far have been running smooth. I installed the catch can very early on, like before reaching 10k miles. I start using additives around 20k after a rough start and died in Utah at the beginning of winter. I had to use antigel. After that a buddy of mine who run a catapillar equipment company hook me up with what they use in there equipment (diesel kleen). Been using it in every tank since. Sasquatch ProVent kit is probably the best looking setup I have seen so far. You want to look into it.
Thanks again.
Will let you know how it works out after I install the catch can and the diesel clean.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have been using 10 oz Diesel Kleen every fueling since new and have had a Provent 200 since 7k. Mileage is now at 24,500. Other than 2 defective injectors replaced at 19k under warranty, no issues here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts