Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2017 GMC Canyon LB SLT 2.8L Duramaxtune. Loads of upgrades.
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I planned to get some ultra 3M UV blocking window tint all the way around. Wondering if anyone has any photos so I can see what it might look like?

I'm considering a 5% (95% tint) in the back and two read windows. Then a 20% or a 35% on the two front windows and a 50% or a 70% on the windshield (sun is really bad in S. Cal since we get about 320+ days of it). I plan to keep the truck for a long time and want the interior to stay as nice as possible.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I did ceramic tint as you described above 5 around back, 20 front sides, 50 windshield. I love it ! Looks great big difference in heat. Only downside it’s not cheap, and a chip in windshield means replacing tint too

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ceramic tint really keeps the heat out. Im a believer.

Thanks, that's cool. Just got it done over the weekend. They used 3M ceramic tint. Did 5% on back 3 (they have to redo the back window, sloppy trim job) but other windows came out great. Did 20% on front and 50% on the windshield. Total cost was $269 ($189 for sides and back + $80 for the windshield). It does look great. Truck looks meaner and it is so much cooler in there when I park in the sun and get in. Plus my son says it feels really nice and private in the back now. I'll post photos one of these days. It's actually been raining in So. Cal this week.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a question does the ceramic window tint go on the inside or outside of the windows ??
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a question does the ceramic window tint go on the inside or outside of the windows ??
Thanks in advance
They actually measure it on the outside or use a template then have a plotter cut the film. Then they install it on the inside. You can get the film yourself on eBay and give it a try. The key is to have a really, really clean indoor space to apply it. If you get a tiny piece of dust floating in the air stuck to the film you'll see it once applied. It's annoying. That's the most difficult part.

There are tons of YT videos on how to install tint but the clean room and a guarantee is why I had a professional do it. It took 5 days to cure (for the bubbles to settle out) and you can't roll your windows down until it's cured. My driver's window had some bubbles that wouldn't come out so they redid that window yesterday. You also need to be careful with the rear defroster, you don't want to cut, or knick those wires.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I planned to get some ultra 3M UV blocking window tint all the way around. Wondering if anyone has any photos so I can see what it might look like?

I'm considering a 5% (95% tint) in the back and two read windows. Then a 20% or a 35% on the two front windows and a 50% or a 70% on the windshield (sun is really bad in S. Cal since we get about 320+ days of it). I plan to keep the truck for a long time and want the interior to stay as nice as possible.
Stayed within legal limits. Notice a reflection of interior in driver side mirror when sun hits at a certain angle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts