Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this a few days ago and forgot to share. I guess GMC is doing away with the All Terrain package on all vehicle models and replacing it with the AT4 package which is supposed to be an upgrade. There isn't much information on how it will affect the Canyon, but if you read about what it changes on the Sierra, they come from the factory with a 2-inch lift, locking rear diff, skid plates and just be more off-road capable than before. However, it won't be as extreme as the Chevy ZR2 though.

Here's the link to it: http://gmauthority.com/blog/2018/03...fferent-capabilities-than-chevy-colorado-zr2/

My wife still really wants a lift for our Canyon All Terrain, and I wouldn't mind having one as well. But it will still be a little while before that happens. I showed her this post and was like "Maybe the Canyon will come with a 2-inch lift from the factory as well the the AT4 package." Her response was, "I don't even want to talk about it...." :)

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Seriously, though. This really sucks because I already wish I had a canyon over a Colorado. Tried to make a deal twice on an all terrain and couldn’t get to the right number and ended up with a Colorado about three months later. I just saw a brownish canyon and I envisioned a brown at4 build in my future

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, I like that brown/ tan color they have. I also liked the forest green they used to have for the 2016's that they didn't offer on the 2017's. Wish they would offer that one metallic blue color that the colorado's have.

GMC is the way to go :cool:

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really hope the Canyon doesn't look like the New 2018 Sierra (set to release this fall I guess) though. Especially the AT4 Sierra. Scroll halfway down the page on the link I attached and look at it. Not sure if they tires aren't big enough, or if it's how they did the wheel wells where they aren't round, but are angled forwards, but it just looks dorky or odd. http://www.gmc.com/trucks/2019-sierra-1500-pickup-truck

I do think I like how they did the mirrors though. They are attached to the doors down lower than up on the window portion of the door.

The overall look of the truck looks like you mashed a GMC into a Nissan Titan though. The front grille, the side badge placement in front of the mirror. Just don't care for the front end or the wheel well look at all.

While I'm on the topic of the new body styles though, I wanted to see how the new Silverado looked and I think it looks much better than the Sierra version. I would have to go with a Chevy instead of a GMC this time around if I was going to buy a Silverado or Sierra. Much more refined and sleek looking. http://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-vehicles/all-new-2019-silverado

Edit: Apparently you can get a blue metallic color in the Canyon, if you get the SLE (maybe the SLT too) trim, but not in the All Terrain Package.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts