Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't owned a pick up for a number of years. Last truck was an 04 Duramax three-quarter ton. Loved the truck just too big to be moving in and out of people's driveways real easy. It was my daily driver and rig for estimations and it was just not practical. This new little Colorado is perfect for towing, estimate and every day driver. This is a picture of my new toy with my new toy.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Nice. I too switched over from a 2004 Silverado 2500HD Duramax (LLY). For the same reasons you did as well. Loved it, but just couldn't afford or justify keeping it even if it was paid for. Went with a 2017 Canyon Duramax and we love it. Pulls everything we want and gets great fuel economy. Nice truck and welcome :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so much for the welcomes. Have been doing a lot of reading on here and seems it's going to cost me some money. First plan is to do the level lift. then I think I'm going to do the Duramax tune once a gets to 10,000 miles and everything seems to be going smooth. I just can't wait to feel that kind of power in this little truck.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Thank you so much for the welcomes. Have been doing a lot of reading on here and seems it's going to cost me some money. First plan is to do the level lift. then I think I'm going to do the Duramax tune once a gets to 10,000 miles and everything seems to be going smooth. I just can't wait to feel that kind of power in this little truck.
You’re tellin the truth. I’ve spent just as much on mods as I have truck payments this year, haha. You’ll love the tunes. I had the same plan but by the time I hit 5,000 miles I couldn’t wait any longer, called it good and pulled the trigger. The truck is great stock but lacking in power for towing heavy at highway speed, so I needed more. And boy, did I get more. Been tuned about 8,000 flawless miles now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You’re tellin the truth. I’ve spent just as much on mods as I have truck payments this year, haha. You’ll love the tunes. I had the same plan but by the time I hit 5,000 miles I couldn’t wait any longer, called it good and pulled the trigger. The truck is great stock but lacking in power for towing heavy at highway speed, so I needed more. And boy, did I get more. Been tuned about 8,000 flawless miles now.
Thanks Rockcrawlerdude, but you are the cause of most of my wallet frustration. Pretty much everything you've done to your truck was what I am planning to do. I think first will be the level lift then hopefully by then the mileage will be good and sound and I should do that tune. Probably in between there I will figure out what rim tire combo I will go with. I drive a ton of miles a year so I need something that's more all season versus Offroad. So far I've had the truck two weeks and have 3600 miles on it.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Thanks Rockcrawlerdude, but you are the cause of most of my wallet frustration. Pretty much everything you've done to your truck was what I am planning to do. I think first will be the level lift then hopefully by then the mileage will be good and sound and I should do that tune. Probably in between there I will figure out what rim tire combo I will go with. I drive a ton of miles a year so I need something that's more all season versus Offroad. So far I've had the truck two weeks and have 3600 miles on it.
Let me know if you need any help or have questions

1 - 9 of 9 Posts