Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Colorado diesel and we live in the mountains. Our street is on a hill. When I try to back up the street and shift into reverse, the truck acts like it is in neutral, so I put it in drive then back to reverse and it does the same thing, Now if I am on a flat surface it works just fine. Anyone else having this problem.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Sometimes I notice a delay when putting the truck into reverse and I’ll hit the gas pedal before it shifts which makes it jerk into reverse. This is more noticeable on hills or when I “roll” into reverse (throw the truck in reverse before coming to a full stop) I’ve been more conscientious lately to either stop fully or wait a half second longer before hitting the gas

Are you speaking of a delay of a couple seconds or a failure to shift at all? Or are you just noticing it takes a lot more effort to reverse on hills? FYI, When backing a trailer up a hill I use 4lo for the torque multiplication

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2016 Colorado diesel and we live in the mountains. Our street is on a hill. When I try to back up the street and shift into reverse, the truck acts like it is in neutral, so I put it in drive then back to reverse and it does the same thing, Now if I am on a flat surface it works just fine. Anyone else having this problem.
Sounds like the transmission fluid is low... Bummer, I don't think you can check that...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sometimes I notice a delay when putting the truck into reverse and I’ll hit the gas pedal before it shifts which makes it jerk into reverse. This is more noticeable on hills or when I “roll” into reverse (throw the truck in reverse before coming to a full stop) I’ve been more conscientious lately to either stop fully or wait a half second longer before hitting the gas

Are you speaking of a delay of a couple seconds or a failure to shift at all? Or are you just noticing it takes a lot more effort to reverse on hills? FYI, When backing a trailer up a hill I use 4lo for the torque multiplication
That is how mine started. I could switch back to drive then back to neutral and then I could feel the lockup but now after 3 or 4 times it just won't lock up anymore.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I experianced this the other day too.
I was on a steep street and when i tried to back up into the driveway the truck went forward like its was in N.
I looked down to make sure i wasnt in N.
After pushing the gas peddle down all the way she hooked up.

Why is this happening?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I experianced this the other day too.
I was on a steep street and when i tried to back up into the driveway the truck went forward like its was in N.
I looked down to make sure i wasnt in N.
After pushing the gas peddle down all the way she hooked up.

Why is this happening?

·
Registered
4 Posts
For anyone else who finds this thread, I had the same problem and it ended up being a pressure relief valve within the valve body of the transmission. It was fixed under warranty and I have not had any further issues in 22k miles since the repair.
Aiden

1 - 10 of 10 Posts