Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to tow my Goldwing down to Hendersonville NC about 6 weeks ago. About 100 miles before I got there I started looking for fuel. first 3 exits that said they had diesel , only had abandoned stations. By the 4th stop I NEEDED fuel. Finally found a pump at a small mom and pop station. MISTAKE !! Not sure what it was but it was not road diesel. about 60 miles down the road my limp home lights came on and top speed dropped to about 45 mph I made it to the Honda dealership, unloaded my bike and drove to the nearest chevy dealership. Charged me 998.00 to drain fuel tank blow lines and replace both fuel filters. About 2 hours on the road home , lights came on again BUT power did not decrease. Made it home. Took it to my regular dealer. They could not figure it out.
Recommended by a friend to check out HOLLYROCK Customs in Hollywood Maryland. He was able to isolate the sludged up sensors and give me several options. I decided on a delete option. Should have my truck back by this coming Tuesday

Will keep you posted

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Was probably just water in the diesel was all. That’s my guess at least. Tune and delete is always good however I don’t know that it would have helped you in this situation.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apparently the sensors got really gummed up and corrupted with the crud that went into the engine and TRIED to burn. Full tune and delete should be ready today for pickup

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HOLY CRAP. I feel like I got a new truck !!!!!!!!!!! 34.1 mpg average per onboard display. I have never had better than 26 mpg even after the duramax tune before. HOLLYROCK CUSTOMS worked wonders. Can't wait to see what I get on trip down to North Carolina for family visit later

1 - 4 of 4 Posts