Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHY GM ? WHY do you use a little itsy bitsy engine oil cooler ! Has Any one figured out how to install a larger engine oil cooler? is an adapter plate available? I found an adapter plate for transmission lines.. but engine oil cooler is proving to be tough to find.

·
Registered
258 Posts
WHY GM ? WHY do you use a little itsy bitsy engine oil cooler ! Has Any one figured out how to install a larger engine oil cooler? is an adapter plate available? I found an adapter plate for transmission lines.. but engine oil cooler is proving to be tough to find.

Has your engine temp changed even an iota under it's heaviest, hottest load? Mine hasn't - 94 degF, climbing a hill at 50 (in a lower gear), at over 3000 r/m, ~10,500 GCVW, AC on. Trans temp can get up there - 225 degF+ - but this is about #44 on my list of Colorado diesel worries..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I noticed trans fluid in first summer I had truck reached 228, unacceptable to me.,.. trans fluid optimum temp 175... I have settled that with a cooler and now peak is 205 in summer with usual temps 180-185. now the engine I have only been able to check on lately with the new Fusion app i got, coolant temp stays steady 172, engine oil temp though 190-215 keep in mind thats now and we are getting into winter... so im guessing the oil temp gets well above 220 in summer... to me thats not acceptable either as the oil is starting to break down at those temps...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts