Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read the manual I found the block heater chord. Really? only about 18 inches long and up against the firewall so you have to open the hood, leave it open while connected exposing the engine to the elements and then wrap it all up and tuck it away again behind the battery using a flashlight in the dark just to keep the engine warm? Every time! What ever happened to having it stick out the front grill like every other truck with a block heater? Did no one at Chev think about using it? The manual says use of an extention chord can cause a fire so they give you about 18 inches...... it also states not to close the hood on the chord for obvious reasons. Really? Anyone else having this issue? How are you getting around it ?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
My 2004 Duramax had a very short cord. Not sure how long it was exactly, but it was zip tied up inside the engine compartment. It had enough slack that I was able to zip tie it to where I could access it inside the passenger side front tire wheel well. Better than having to open up the hood each time. I know some guys who didn't like that and either connected an extension cord to run it out the front at the grille, or I guess you could even cut off the plug and splice on a permanent extension.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts