Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was driving my 2016 Colorado (with 50K miles) to work a week ago, turned a corner, and the truck just died. Would crank, but wouldn't start. Initially, no codes. Towed it to dealer. Took them FIVE DAYS to figure out the problem was a blown fuse for the ECM. Don't know if that's a statement about incompetence, or poor diagnostic information on the truck side. Anyway, was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen, and if anyone might know what might be the cause. In spite of having the truck for 5 days, they had me in a loaner (a 2020 Silverado with 1000 miles on it :) , and they only charged me an hour labor. So I'm not really complaining too much about treatment from the dealer. Just a little worried that I have no idea of the cause. It was sudden and was without warning, so this would be a really bad thing to happen while passing or getting across a busy intersection or something. Not really trusting her right now...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Was driving my 2016 Colorado (with 50K miles) to work a week ago, turned a corner, and the truck just died. Would crank, but wouldn't start. Initially, no codes. Towed it to dealer. Took them FIVE DAYS to figure out the problem was a blown fuse for the ECM. Don't know if that's a statement about incompetence, or poor diagnostic information on the truck side. Anyway, was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen, and if anyone might know what might be the cause. In spite of having the truck for 5 days, they had me in a loaner (a 2020 Silverado with 1000 miles on it :) , and they only charged me an hour labor. So I'm not really complaining too much about treatment from the dealer. Just a little worried that I have no idea of the cause. It was sudden and was without warning, so this would be a really bad thing to happen while passing or getting across a busy intersection or something. Not really trusting her right now...
Fuses normally don't blow without reason. I would have like to have seen the fuse itself to see if it was actually smoked or just suffered a vibration failure. With that being said follow all the wiring looms across sharp points there have been a few intermittent issues where the harness got cut into and caused intermittent electrical problems. good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts