Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone show me a link (preferably video) for changing Brakes and Rotors front and back on Z71 2016 Colorado Diesel? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Watching this thread for replies. I have a 2016 Colorado diesel I bought used last year, with ~50K miles. I noticed pretty quickly the brakes feel like the discs are warped. I want to replace them with higher quality discs but have no idea where to look. Suggestions gratefully accepted.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Watching this thread for replies. I have a 2016 Colorado diesel I bought used last year, with ~50K miles. I noticed pretty quickly the brakes feel like the discs are warped. I want to replace them with higher quality discs but have no idea where to look. Suggestions gratefully accepted.
If you’re looking for parts, check out RockAuto.com. I get my filters, brake pads, headlamp bulbs and all sorts of other parts from there. They generally have a large assortment of brake related parts for vehicles and have them broken down by good, better, best, performance and such.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have always been let down by non OEM brake components. Even buying the most expensive parts store brand pads/rotors never had the same feel as OEM. Not sure why.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have installed the power stop brake kit with pads and rotors after the factory set wore out at 150000 miles:eek:. Yes I got that many miles out of a set of factory pads. But I mostly drive lots of highway miles. Can't remember where I saw the video. It's pretty easy once you do it. Basically there are two pins on the caliper which have a clip in them. Rotate the pin until you see the clip on the other side. Pull out clips with needle nose pliers the pins will slide out and the retainer plate will come off. You can just slide the old pads out the back and slide the new ones in. Pay attention to the pads you take out and match them with new ones. There is a difference between the inner and outer pads. Remember to compress caliper before installing new pads. I do it while the old pads are still on and just let the fluid back flush into system just make sure to keep an eye on the level in the resivor. Back flushing can overfill resivor and make a terrible mess. Install new pads replace retainer replace pins and clips. That's about all I can recall. Some others may have better ways.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Always open the bleeder to push the old cooked brake fluid out/ not through the expensive ABS control valve assembly. This is the correct way to do it

·
Registered
76 Posts
I will refer you to edmonds.com under how to change your brakes.(other sites too). Read the section on retracting the Pistons. Besides that where does the brake fluid ho when you let off the brake and the positions retract. But yes you can use the bleeders as well.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have always been let down by non OEM brake components. Even buying the most expensive parts store brand pads/rotors never had the same feel as OEM. Not sure why.
You need to try a set of Stoptech Aero drilled rotors with a good set of pads that were bed in properly and then you’ll be born again!!
OEM Sucks and fades and it’s usually double the price!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts