Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chevy_colorado-45.jpg

So, they pretty much hit it out of the park with the concept vehicle, but what would it actually take to build that truck out of the stock diesel truck?

I see the bead lock wheels and you could mimic that red ring with a set of red lettered Generals. The offset looks to be WAY different than the stock wheels as well.

The hood with some sort of induction system on it. Not sure if there is a cowl, and/or heat venting near the nose.

What sort of lift is that on there? Maybe just a leveling kit?

A new front bumper with integrated winch.

Other than that, there isn't much, or am I missing something?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What's the chance that the ZR2 will actually go into production?
I would say pretty slim as of now. We shall see though. The Raptor keeps doing well and if they put that new Nissan Titan Warrior into production, we might see some changes. Chevy needs to step up their game if they want to keep up with Ford (as much as I hate to say that).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Other than that, there isn't much, or am I missing something?
From what can be seen, those are 18" wheels, not the standard 17s. The shocks are supposed to be King coilovers which add 2" of additional lift. That's barely enough room to run those 35" Wranglers they stuffed under there. Skid plates are tighter than the Z71s and the front control arms are different... more "shaped" than standard Colorados. Rear bumper is also shortened like the front and it looks like there are rock rails on the critter, which would be a big plus, IMO.

The biggest difference should be the ones you can't see... front and rear selectable locking diffs. That would be awesome!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I would say pretty slim as of now. We shall see though. The Raptor keeps doing well and if they put that new Nissan Titan Warrior into production, we might see some changes. Chevy needs to step up their game if they want to keep up with Ford (as much as I hate to say that).
Let’s play poker some time, in the bed of my zr2 :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts