Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at buying either a Canyon or Colorado. Have been checking out 2021 & 2022 new ones. I have also found a couple of used 2019 ones. Anything that I should be concerned about with the 2019 units?

·
Registered
580 Posts
I am looking at buying either a Canyon or Colorado. Have been checking out 2021 & 2022 new ones. I have also found a couple of used 2019 ones. Anything that I should be concerned about with the 2019 units?
18 and newer they workd out all the issues, you should be fine.

·
Registered
33 Posts
They changed injectors in 2019, hopefully to address the injector failures. I wouldn't pick up a 2018 or older.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a 2019, so far it has been a great truck.
I had 2 issues with it right aroun 7k miles.

The first was the alternator pully leaking.
The other was the fan clutch.

Local dealer took care of them both with little fanfare, although they had no damn clue an alternator pully could leak.
Being in south Florida I also had to put a set of good seat covers on to avoid leaving my skin on the leather.
I would advise you get the TSB on the wiring and make sure that they are all protected where the harnesses rub.
My ZR2 is quite a capable machine and I have had it places I had no business being alone.
I also add about 4 ounces of tcw3 2 stroke oil on every fill up to help lube the fuel system.
Ive been very happy with the truck, I sold the toyota Hilux I had before ít.

@90gt..

AATW brother!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.