Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,
Just came back from a short road trip trucks got about 3300mi, 2021zr2 diesel.
I noticed last night when I slowly accelerate or slow down around 10-20mph, I’m hearing a buzzing or vibration side on the right passenger side. It’s not very loud but a noticeable sound that I hope isn’t a bigger issue. The sound is similar to a noise a old school spring door stopper makes when you flick it. I’m going to my local Chevy service location on the weekend, but was wondering if anyone has had this issue before or know what it the sound is coming from. I would like to better explain to the service tech and not be misled for extra money.

Also as soon as I pick up speed the sound seems to go away or is not as noticeable. I’m hearing more sound with the window up than down.

TIA
- Ed

·
Registered
10 Posts
Live in a cold climate? There was a common issue with turbos losing fins due to intake ice buildup. I believe folks had it covered under warranty. I haven't had the issue so do not know how to describe the sound.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys,
Just came back from a short road trip trucks got about 3300mi, 2021zr2 diesel.
I noticed last night when I slowly accelerate or slow down around 10-20mph, I’m hearing a buzzing or vibration side on the right passenger side. It’s not very loud but a noticeable sound that I hope isn’t a bigger issue. The sound is similar to a noise a old school spring door stopper makes when you flick it. I’m going to my local Chevy service location on the weekend, but was wondering if anyone has had this issue before or know what it the sound is coming from. I would like to better explain to the service tech and not be misled for extra money.

Also as soon as I pick up speed the sound seems to go away or is not as noticeable. I’m hearing more sound with the window up than down.

TIA
- Ed
Maybe it's more of a rattle? The BCM mounted on the passenger side firewall in the engine compartment on my 2016 Colorado Diesel developed a rattle when at idle around 10k miles. Dealer tried several times to fix, finally at 45k they used some Great Stuff foam sealer to stop it and it worked.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts