Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I want to purchase a pair of the boost towing mirrors for our 2017 Colorado.
If anyone has them please tell me how you like them and if the glass shakes at highway speeds whether they are extended or retracted. And if there is any whistling or wind noise from them.
We have owned five 3500 crew cab dually Duramax's in the past and four of them had factory towing mirrors.
On one of our trucks a 2002 GMC I added an aftermarket pair the brand was "Shafenecker" I think. They worked well all were all steady "NO Shake" when going down the road.
I hope that the boost mirrors are like the full sized 2500/3500 Duramax trucks factory tow mirrors and are steady.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi everyone, I want to purchase a pair of the boost towing mirrors for our 2017 Colorado.
If anyone has them please tell me how you like them and if the glass shakes at highway speeds whether they are extended or retracted. And if there is any whistling or wind noise from them.
We have owned five 3500 crew cab dually Duramax's in the past and four of them had factory towing mirrors.
On one of our trucks a 2002 GMC I added an aftermarket pair the brand was "Shafenecker" I think. They worked well all were all steady "NO Shake" when going down the road.
I hope that the boost mirrors are like the full sized 2500/3500 Duramax trucks factory tow mirrors and are steady.
Thanks in advance
I have had mine for over 5000 miles towing a travel trailer. I would not tow without them, they DO NOT shake.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’ve had mine about 6 months. They are the same mirror as the larger trucks. Good visibility, no shacks, great for towing. Could go further out for rear visibility. Narrower truck needs mirrors longer to make the difference.. Cons: too large for the truck visually, some wind noise with cross wind or head wind. I tow a lot and can’t go without good mirrors, but if I can find smaller ones that don’t look like clown shoes, I’ll replace these.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Are they much wider than stock when retracted? I don’t tow, but want turn signal mirrors since the hitch bike rack obscures my turn/brake light from behind.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Con someone with the Boost mirrors do some measuring? What is the width on the Colorado/Canyon outer-edge to outer-edge when retracted vs. extended? Hoping that when extended its at least 8' to see down the side of an 8' wide camper/enclosed trailer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The mirrors measure 92” from outside mirror glass when retracted and 100” when extended.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts