Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this on the 2.8 LWN Duramax owners facebook page and thought it sounded like a great idea. I've never seen one. Especially since there is a cross member right below the drain plug on our truck that causes a heck of a mess when the oil hits it? Guess you change the oil once, then insert this in place of the drain plug. It has a little lock thing to hold the lever in place from accidentally getting opened somehow (wouldn't that be awesome, accidentally lose all your oil when a twig hits that lever o_O ). Also can get a cap to cover up the spout to keep it clear of debris. Just get you some 3/8 hose and then it all goes down the hose and into your train pan or whatever you put oil in. Think I'm going to have to get one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VCD7UE/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

·
Registered
213 Posts
The Fumoto valves are great I've used them on a couple of vehicles before. The ones with the nipple you can slip a hose on it to put oil right in a bottle or whatever.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Saw this on the 2.8 LWN Duramax owners facebook page and thought it sounded like a great idea. I've never seen one. Especially since there is a cross member right below the drain plug on our truck that causes a heck of a mess when the oil hits it? Guess you change the oil once, then insert this in place of the drain plug. It has a little lock thing to hold the lever in place from accidentally getting opened somehow (wouldn't that be awesome, accidentally lose all your oil when a twig hits that lever o_O ). Also can get a cap to cover up the spout to keep it clear of debris. Just get you some 3/8 hose and then it all goes down the hose and into your train pan or whatever you put oil in. Think I'm going to have to get one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VCD7UE/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Great find. This will work out great for my motor home. I'll post some pics once i get it.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just ordered the Fumoto F107N valve. I may end up having to return it and go with another one of theirs if I think it's going to hang too low. We'll see though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have installed fumotos on every one of my vehicles since about '05. Love it! The only one I haven't bothered with is my Cruze TD. Too much of a hassle to do the work myself. I just have the shop do it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts