Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check engine light came on and I got the code p026c= fuel injection quantity lower then expected.
Anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks

·
Registered
350 Posts
Check engine light came on and I got the code p026c= fuel injection quantity lower then expected.

Thanks
No, but how many on the vehicle ? what engine?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Didn’t realize I didn’t even put that sorry. 2.8 duramax
How many miles on the current fuel filters?

PS: if you put you vehicle details in your "signature" you won't have to think about it again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How many miles on the current fuel filters?

PS: if you put you vehicle details in your "signature" you won't have to think about it again.
Its not quite due for a change but after reading a bunch that sounds like where I’ll start. New to the forum so I apologize for not having the info posted. Thanks for the input

·
Registered
376 Posts
Its not quite due for a change but after reading a bunch that sounds like where I’ll start. New to the forum so I apologize for not having the info posted. Thanks for the input
What ever the truck tells you ….. do it TWICE AS OFTEN
never let the fuel filters go as long as the dic says, change them at 50%
Change the oil more often than necessary also….

·
Registered
350 Posts
What ever the truck tells you ….. do it TWICE AS OFTEN
never let the fuel filters go as long as the dic says, change them at 50%
Change the oil more often than necessary also….
Don't sweat it on the detail we'll ask...lol...

·
Registered
35 Posts

Thanks
Possible clogged fuel filter restricting fuel flow. or a failing injector pump. Ii would start by swapping out the fuel filter. Clear the code and see if it returns. If it does have the injector pump tested

·
Registered
350 Posts
Possible clogged fuel filter restricting fuel flow. or a failing injector pump. Ii would start by swapping out the fuel filter. Clear the code and see if it returns. If it does have the injector pump tested
There is a lift pump in the fuel tank and a high pressure pump. Because the lift pump pushes fuel to the HP fuel pump through the filters, if the filter change doesn't fix the issue I would be checking the lift pump next.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts