Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my truck back from the dealership. Had 59,500 miles on 2018 truck, engine light comes on. Exhaust brake doesn't work. I live in Calif. This seems to be a Particulate Filter Failure? They replaced Filter,Gasket, pipe 3.675 & sensor 3.682. Fortunately covered under warranty. 20,000 mile extended warranty. Is this common? And, is this expensive when you have to pay for it? Joe

·
Registered
580 Posts
Just got my truck back from the dealership. Had 59,500 miles on 2018 truck, engine light comes on. Exhaust brake doesn't work. I live in Calif. This seems to be a Particulate Filter Failure? They replaced Filter,Gasket, pipe 3.675 & sensor 3.682. Fortunately covered under warranty. 20,000 mile extended warranty. Is this common? And, is this expensive when you have to pay for it? Joe
Joe, by filter are you saying they had to replace the DPF filter? If the answer is yes, then to answer your question about cost, yes it's costly. I just have to think why did the DPF go south. My mind says that the filter is getting polluted with too much soot due to some other underlying problem or a non Dex 2 oil could be to blame. I would keep an eye on how many miles you're able to travel between regens. If your vehicle is not tuned it should be roughly once per tank of fuel (considering you're not doing excessive idling). A good way to monitor is via the OBDii port and software package.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Joe, by filter are you saying they had to replace the DPF filter? If the answer is yes, then to answer your question about cost, yes it's costly. I just have to think why did the DPF go south. My mind says that the filter is getting polluted with too much soot due to some other underlying problem or a non Dex 2 oil could be to blame. I would keep an eye on how many miles you're able to travel between regens. If your vehicle is not tuned it should be roughly once per tank of fuel (considering you're not doing excessive idling). A good way to monitor is via the OBDii port and software package.
They found pressure sensor seized to pressure differential pipe. All service maintenance have been at dealership. So oil should have been ok. Good luck for me it was free. Hope it doesn't happen again. Thank you for your feedback.

·
Registered
580 Posts
They found pressure sensor seized to pressure differential pipe. All service maintenance have been at dealership. So oil should have been ok. Good luck for me it was free. Hope it doesn't happen again. Thank you for your feedback.
Just make sure you actually check the oil change paperwork because there have been dealers using Dex gen1 v2 oil and that not the right oil. It has to be the straight up Dex 2 oil. It's so confusing how GM labeled those two variants when they're not interchangeable whatsoever. The bad part is it will take until your warranty is expired before it shows it's ugly head and then it's on your dime.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts