Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am super pumped to see this 31 MPG number, but what if Chevy used some of the same sneaky tactics, like different tunes while they are hooked up to the emissions machines.

They did hold the Colorado and Canyon for a short time before releasing them to dealers. I wonder if they had to fix anything or do any retesting.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The TDi motor was pretty rad according to VW... I don't mean to be a cynic, but I sure hope that VW inspired some real change in the industry.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The TDi motor was pretty rad according to VW... I don't mean to be a cynic, but I sure hope that VW inspired some real change in the industry.
I'd prefer if the scandal sheds light on how unrealistic the epa rules can be and how a few tree huggers can dictate how an entire industry is operated. Diesels are not the planet ending polluters the Sierra Club would have you believe.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just turned in one of two TDI's, loved the power and mileage, but was not willing to trust the modification if it ever came. Here's hoping it doesn't happen with the Duramax!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I think the EPA and it's aggressive behavior may become a little more tempered under the new administration. Many in the agency are leaving, presumably out of protest. If they (EPA) goes looking for something, they will find something.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Just saw this on Facebook and it is from today. Talks about GM cheating like VW did on emissions. It mentions the Silverado and Sierra Duramax engines, and once the Cruise Diesel, but never the Colorado and Canyon Duramax. Although, I'm sure that is in there and just wasn't mentioned.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-gm-lawsuit-idUSKBN18L25Y

I don't know that I believe they are cheating it. The truck is quiet and doesn't produce any smoke, and you can tell when it goes into regen that it is killing your fuel economy. I mean, look at Mr. Bones truck after he deleted his, how it smokes, sounds like a diesel and made a lot of gains on fuel economy.

If however, this proves true and they did cheat and they offer a buyback like VW did, will anyone get rid of their truck for something else? I don't believe I would.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Doubt anything will be affecting us.

But, if it ends up the same as the Vw then I would take the buy back becuase the Vw situation required you to get your vehicle fixed or bought back, I believe. Assuming that's correct, and assuming The fix supposedly makes the car slower or less powerful. I love the truck how it is, but I couldn't deal with it less powerful, hell I can't even stand the stock tune. I would take the coin and get a gasser.

Also I know people who made out like bandits in the Vw thing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts