Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
truck.jpg
Have been resurrecting my 2002 ford ranger for the past year. 167k & the ac compressor pulley blew which snowballed the serpentine belt and blew the radiator (all within 45 seconds i couldnt pull over fast enough!) anyways replaced ac compressor, radiator, water pump (just because) and a serpentine belt. Then without hesitation threw codes for misfire on 3 (all new plugs and wires i recently installed) infuriated me. Vacuum pump went out and caused AC to only come out of defroster. Needless to say I was without a reliable vehicle (which is necessary for my job) I started researching that gorgeous 2017 Taco TRD PRO. Loved it and even sat in it about to buy it. Features were OK gas sucked it was over priced in my opinion. Knew the Colorado had a diesel coming out (not sure the release date) and went to check it out. Saw it wasnt a myth and I turned that diesel motor on in the chevy parkinglot. Loved it instantly, the diesel is what sold me period. The bells and whistles were like throwing icing on the cake. I started my truck from my phone...holy technology. I paid (what i think is bottom dollar) 40,500 out of the door. Comparatively the Taco was MSRP @ that price for a manual (only thing i wish the colorado came with). However the Taco wasn't diesel and it got less mileage and had few features to ice the cake. I am needless to say happy to be a proud owner of this bad johnson and can say FINALLY a midsize DIESEL is available. Took the good ol' US of A long enough (ford, toyota) holding out all these years. Look forward to the future intake and exhaust ill be dropping in (keeping in mind not voiding the warranty) for increased power + fuel economy.

Ps kept the ranger for sentimental purposes and its currently going to be maintained by yours truly. Long trips mile saver and learning here I come!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts