Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Not an oil issue as I’ve always changed oil every 5-7k and OA always perfect. After engine was deleted I switched to 5-40 T6 to help with the shitty shear value of the DEXOS 2 oil.

Bearings show no wear and mic perfect except in same spot where bearing takes load of detonation. This is why I switched to the 5-40 to try and retard the wear in this area.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Not an oil issue as I’ve always changed oil every 5-7k and OA always perfect. After engine was deleted I switched to 5-40 T6 to help with the shitty shear value of the DEXOS 2 oil.

Bearings show no wear and mic perfect except in same spot where bearing takes load of detonation. This is why I switched to the 5-40 to try and retard the wear in this area.
How was your oil pressure? Mine runs some of the highest pressures I have seen on any vehicle I have owned.

·
Registered
12 Posts

At what mileage did you switch to T6? The wear on those bearings did not happen overnight.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Switched around 14k ago. So around 50k on truck.
So around 36k miles on 5w-30 good to know. Not saying that was completely the culprit, but i have been running T6 since my first oil change at 1k miles. Fingers crossed that this is the kind of thing it can help prevent. I couldn't stomach putting a 30w oil in a diesel.

Just got her back on the road today all test sat. A/C held vacuum good as I was a little worried with system being open so long. Had to wait almost 4 months for some parts.
Glad to hear you got her running again.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
So around 36k miles on 5w-30 good to know. Not saying that was completely the culprit, but i have been running T6 since my first oil change at 1k miles. Fingers crossed that this is the kind of thing it can help prevent. I couldn't stomach putting a 30w oil in a diesel.

Glad to hear you got her running again.
Sorry that was confusing the way I worded that. I ran the 5-30 for close to 50k then switched to T6. I ran T6 for the last 14k miles.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts