Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went through carwash today, and while vacuuming took my floor mat out to vacuum underneath it. I don't always do this, so it was the first time I've done it in a while. Important note: I just got a basic car wash. No undercarriage wash or anything.

Smack in the middle of the floorboard there's a big damp spot about 6 inches across either direction. It wasn't sopping wet or anything, but wet enough for me to notice it on the black carpet. Damp.

It was only in the middle of the floorboard. Further towards the nose of the truck (underneath the pedals) and further down the floorboard (closer to the seat) it was dry. Dry on either side of it as well. Just a big, circular-ish, wet spot in the middle.

Now I suppose I could have spilled something underneath the floor mat but thats pretty unlikely for many reasons, mostly because I'm the only one who drives the truck and I didn't spill anything and the truck didn't move all weekend till I got in it today.

I got under there and looked and as far as I can tell there's no liquid lines running under that part of the floorboard. The only thing I can really see is that is usually where the condensation from my AC drips off when it's really humid (and it's always humid in my part of the country) so I'm guessing the evaporator is somewhere around there? The only other lines in that part of the undercarriage are fuel lines and I didn't notice anything amiss with those.

Summary: big damp spot in the carpet of my floorboard, smack in the middle of it. Doesn't look like there's any liquid/freon lines under that part of the truck. Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
624 Posts
From reading other posts and forum, they are saying GM forgot a seal from the wiper mechanism and the inside firewall. Supposedly if you shine a light from outside I’m the general area, someone can see the light shine through from under your dash. That’s how other people to identifying the area that is missing the seal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts