Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 2020 Colorado 2.8 I have 762 miles on it currently I’m on my third tank of diesel my DEF fluid level has been reading at 100% except for one time about 100 miles ago it read 86% and just now it dropped to 82% but five minutes ago it was at 100% has anybody else had an issue with the Fluid level?

·
Registered
983 Posts
I just got my 2020 Colorado 2.8 I have 762 miles on it currently I’m on my third tank of diesel my DEF fluid level has been reading at 100% except for one time about 100 miles ago it read 86% and just now it dropped to 82% but five minutes ago it was at 100% has anybody else had an issue with the Fluid level?
Older trucks, 2016 and 2017 for sure, said only OK on the DEF level until it reached 30%. Once it gets to 10% it will say something like “1000 miles to empty and speed reduced.”

Sounds like a bit faulty gauge, however, I don’t know that I would be overly concerned. Unless you are super annoyed by it. Then might take it to the dealer as it is under warranty and all still.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'd go through the first tank till 10% then fill it up again and see if it continues. If so take it back to the dealer.

·
Registered
143 Posts
DEF level is monitored on a "low priority" by the system, meaning it does not sample the level that often. In contrast, exhaust gas temp (EGT) is monitored on a high priority - basically constantly. DEF level does not require that kind of brain power to monitor. I wonder if because of the low priority it is assigned, the DEF level readings may vary as so few data points are taken. I would not be too concerned about it.

Just for sheer hilarity's sake, this is the message my emissions intact tuned truck gives when it runs low on DEF ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Older trucks, 2016 and 2017 for sure, said only OK on the DEF level until it reached 30%. Once it gets to 10% it will say something like “1000 miles to empty and speed reduced.”

Sounds like a bit faulty gauge, however, I don’t know that I would be overly concerned. Unless you are super annoyed by it. Then might take it to the dealer as it is under warranty and all still.
At 44K miles on 2017 and never a problem.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Air Bubble?

·
Registered
12 Posts
My 2019 did jump around a bit.
Usually about 5 percent. This only happens around 80% range. I haven't let it go down to the low level warning. I will let it go this time to see how the indications and warning play out. I have a gallon of def so I won't cut myself short incase the indication is off and triggers a restriction.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts