Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Canyon 2.8. It has 17000 km. I have flipped the LOW DEF code when the tank is not low 5 times.
1st time cleaned the sensor (Summer)
2nd timecleaned the sensor. (Fall)
3rd time replaced the sensor. (Fall)
4th time did a GM upgrade. (winter)
5th time .......(winter) still in the shop waiting for Service Manager and diesel mech. To talk to GM and find out what is wrong.
Dealership has been great but they and I are getting frustrated.
Anyone else have this or similar problem

·
Registered
179 Posts
Had a "DEF poor quality" prompt, dealer ran diagnostic check( 2 diff. procedures) that GM recommended. Cleared 2 codes and problem went away. So far problem has not resurfaced again. Hope your dealer eventually gets it sorted out.:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had a "DEF poor quality" prompt, dealer ran diagnostic check( 2 diff. procedures) that GM recommended. Cleared 2 codes and problem went away. So far problem has not resurfaced again. Hope your dealer eventually gets it sorted out.:)
I just had a poor quality DEF. Took it to the dealership they replaced the DEF. Injector problem solved for now only 17,500 miles on it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 2017 Canyon 2.8. It has 17000 km. I have flipped the LOW DEF code when the tank is not low 5 times.
5th time .......(winter) still in the shop waiting for Service Manager and diesel mech. To talk to GM and find out what is wrong.

Well let the story continues.
6th time replaced the other sensor
7th time they replaced the DEF pump
Then it blew out the DEF line
8th time replaced the DEF line
9th replaced the DEF line but coincidentally GM has a new part number for the DEF line and it has to come from the factory. Waiting 3 weeks.

The only bit of good news is that since they changed the DEF pump it has stopped flipping emission sensors. Now the DEF just runs out on the ground and flips the DEF tank empty code and counts down from 650km to limp mode

·
Registered
14 Posts
Had the same issue and my dealer replaced the tank and sending unit because of a known issue ask them to replace the unit and you will be up a running in no time

1 - 6 of 6 Posts