1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
202 Posts
My local Walmart has a "Wall of DEF" and better yet, it is their reasonably priced Supertech stuff at $7.90 for 2.5 gallons.

Reactions: oak1971

·
Registered
39 Posts
It should be noted upfront that this article is from Australia. Sensationalism breeds more sensationalism.
Yup. Also, apparently a lot of the urea used to produce DEF for North America comes from Canada so it's unlikely that Australia's issues will impact us anyway. Details are important. :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
So, I don't normally shop at Walmart but I'm here today with my wife and kiddo. Anyway, seems like there's hoarding going on. There's no DEF and no 5w40 of any kind on the shelves. 🤦‍♂️

Other stores just down the street have both. Ah, Walmart shoppers...

·
Super Moderator
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes it's Australia. But do we get ours from the same supply? I don't know one way or another.

·
Super Moderator
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So, I don't normally shop at Walmart but I'm here today with my wife and kiddo. Anyway, seems like there's hoarding going on. There's no DEF and no 5w40 of any kind on the shelves. 🤦‍♂️

Other stores just down the street have both. Ah, Walmart shoppers...
The People of WalMart? Say it ain't so!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yes it's Australia. But do we get ours from the same supply? I don't know one way or another.
Nope, most of ours comes from Canada. Different supply than Australia.

·
Registered
322 Posts
The People of WalMart? Say it ain't so!
I had DD's experience. The closest WM was out. The 2nd closest (still close enough to get to on an ebike with a Bikebob trailer) was nearly out. But I snagged my 2.5 gal. I buy all WM DEF, and it was a 1st for me.

·
Registered
138 Posts
During my very frequent travels, DEF supply has been spotty; some at one WM, none at another. Here in W TX the local WM has been out of all DEF brands (I refuse to buy other than WM brand), but just today, they have about 14 containers of WM DEF, now priced at $9.28 from the last price I paid at $7.28 in mid December. I keep at least one container on hand now that the DEF supply chain seems to have some issues.

Reactions: bigoilbob

·
Registered
5 Posts
I try to keep a 2.5 gallon container around for backup, but I purchase my DEF from a fuel station and it s $3.50 a gallon,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts