Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Well, opinions not based on facts are not worth much. As the CFO of a major Intermountain west flatbed/reefer hauler running 1,500+ power units, I can tell you our service techs and Cummins SWEAR by Blackstone and oil analysis!

Their judgement is good enough for me. My previous post query was to get some input from other forum participants about this issue, and you've posted yours.

Thx
And your trucks are running 14-40 oil ?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Im now wondering how trained and knowledgeable the techs are in the 3.0 duramax six, is it a similar story to the 2.8 four? Could be, time will tell, they certainly aren't prevalent like the full big duramax are, but they certainly have quite the price tag themselves. Doesnt make sense how they introduce a product to the lineup, especially one that sells like the 2.8, which is pretty well from what ive seen, and offer no tech support or training. Hopefully not the case with the 3.0.

also wondering if this is a similar case with fords half ton diesel and fca ecodiesel.
Did you notice that when someone brings there truck into the dealer with an issue they always call GM to ask what to do.
The dealers or techs don’t know or are not allowed to make a decision on there own.
And they wait days to get an answer......

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Thanks for making an effort to re-rail this thread. I agree, its like anything thats not a full sized duramax is taboo. Like theyre any less of an isuzu than the 2.8.
Im sure theres an oil and oil pressure thread somewhere in this site.

·
Registered
104 Posts
And your trucks are running 14-40 oil ?
Nope. The X15s run CK-4 10W30 full synthetic. This is the Cummins protocol for several years.

·
Registered
342 Posts

This one has the cam sprocket that slips on the cam shaft then head crashes

it goes on and on

·
Registered
104 Posts
But Cummins knows how to make a diesel
It seems know one else does these days
And they MANDATE oil analysis for running extended drain intervals, including soot and TBN!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Back on the subject of def system buggery, daily attempts at contact with reps at gm via email and voicemail have consistently failed, vehicle is still in tow yard 308mi away.....yaaaay!

And General Belissimo Francisico Franco is still dead.

Fingers crossed for tow action tomorrow. This is a big bag of dog dick.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Damn I'm sorry this has been your experience, makes me want to dump my ZR2 and switch brands...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Too bad mine didnt happen earlier, seems like the majority of folks had it happen under warranty. Or I just drive too damn much and need a nice gti to zip around in the rest of the time.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Thankfully, your results may vary. Ive had 139k trouble free miles up till now
Back on the subject of def system buggery, daily attempts at contact with reps at gm via email and voicemail have consistently failed, vehicle is still in tow yard 308mi away.....yaaaay!

And General Belissimo Francisico Franco is still dead.

Fingers crossed for tow action tomorrow. This is a big bag of dog dick.
Stories like this makes me wonder why GM is still in business.
Its almost like government, after there elected they do what ever they want.
With GM it’s after the sale they ignore you. They have your money so they don’t need you anymore.
You would think they would build relations with there customers to make sure they buy a GM vehicle again.
This is my first GM in 30 years. Once burnt twice shy. And I was burnt in the past.
And I see nothing has changed.....
Mary is proving to be a waste of skin.....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Worst part is, im likely to replace it with another since nobody else makes this sort of truck. Toyota wont send their diesel here, nor ford, nor nissan.
Government is exactly why, whether the bailouts eliminating the need to try, or the governmental fleet sales alone keeping them afloat.
My first Gm ever, save my parents when i was a kid, s15 jimmy in the 80’s and dads 3/4 ton work truck. Otherwise been safe and sound with subarus, a dozen of them from an 82 to a 15. My 06 WRX had 260kon the original engine and trans, bought it new and it tested full compression when i sold it. I didnt abuse it, but it got plenty of right foot and i even forgot it wasnt a jeep several times.
All is not lost, this is far from over. The lack of communication is sorta moot until the damn thing gets towed to the dealer anyhow. I dont want to raise hell and shoot myself in the foot, but I need them to step up. I have a number of possible scenarios in mind that are reasonable.

The tow hangup is a local thing, the owner of the shop/ tow company is being cool, hes down three drivers and is the only game in town for now, aaa has been as useless as a butthole on my elbow. Plus it started snowing sideways on the dayi was supposed to tow.
waiting for locusts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Worst part is, im likely to replace it with another since nobody else makes this sort of truck. Toyota wont send their diesel here, nor ford, nor nissan.
Government is exactly why, whether the bailouts eliminating the need to try, or the governmental fleet sales alone keeping them afloat.
My first Gm ever, save my parents when i was a kid, s15 jimmy in the 80’s and dads 3/4 ton work truck. Otherwise been safe and sound with subarus, a dozen of them from an 82 to a 15. My 06 WRX had 260kon the original engine and trans, bought it new and it tested full compression when i sold it. I didnt abuse it, but it got plenty of right foot and i even forgot it wasnt a jeep several times.
All is not lost, this is far from over. The lack of communication is sorta moot until the damn thing gets towed to the dealer anyhow. I dont want to raise hell and shoot myself in the foot, but I need them to step up. I have a number of possible scenarios in mind that are reasonable.

The tow hangup is a local thing, the owner of the shop/ tow company is being cool, hes down three drivers and is the only game in town for now, aaa has been as useless as a butthole on my elbow. Plus it started snowing sideways on the dayi was supposed to tow.
waiting for locusts
Can you delete it where you live.
At your mileage it might be cheaper to delete the emissions and leave all the future bs behind you.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Still awaiting tow update, should be in an hour or so. Hasnt moved Since 5/21
GM lady followed up finally, 6/1 from 5/18 filing, no contact or replies to anything in between then. Not good customer service, but also not surprised.
Apparently the course is to get it to dealer, hope they can diagnose, fix.
Ive already had them add to the review the lack of knowledge or experience theyve had with these trucks, and i anticipate no problem identified, reset computer, them then calling it ”good”
Nope, i want a diagnosis dammit, not taking off in it on a trip and getting stranded again till i have an actual problem identified

·
Super Moderator
538 Posts
I'm beginning to think GM is ignoring all the issues the EPA mandated junk causes because they make good profits marketing the Diesel mystique.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Or just because they can plain old get away with it, like with the rest of their issues.
urinary catheters have better product support than this.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts