Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK amigos my son plans to buy a Colorado I advised him to go diesel. I test drove one in Dominican Republic a few yrs ago and I was impressed by it, but had not establshed my credit on the Island. That said, let me gv you some insight about myself, Retired Navy and living life retired from private sector. I will be honest w you guys but I can gv some friendly advice Im a BMW owner of two M57 diesel engine and I hv modded both vehicles , the 335d is pushing 500 lbs/tq on the wheels and the X5d is at about 300 whp . the problems you guys will hv is that damn dreaded EGR as I did in Puerto Rico once warranty expired I DELETED everything. That was over 5 yrs ago and hv had NO PROBLEMS w my 335d. I bought the Euroversion X5d and did the same hv had no issues in the past yr as well. If you are needing parts for your Duramax let me know. I can check it out at the local Chevy dealer for you AND NO. I wont charge a thing for it Im well off so to speak. If anything you hv a friend down here. Any questions I will be around. Gracias

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have 42k miles on my 2017 Colorado 2.8L diesel and have had ZERO powertrain or emissions issues with it. Only mods I've made and those just recently are bypass oil filtration to filter out soot, water, etc., in the oil and have begun lube oil analysis in lieu of robotically dumping the engine oil every 7500 miles. I have also installed a Banks iDash Data Monster gauge to monitor the engine and transmission. Love the truck. I drive 90% or more at or above 55 mph and so my emissions systems likely haven't been an issue because of that. If your son does a lot or enough (at least a half hour to an hour) of highway driving each week the emissions systems shouldn't be an issue. I have only a 2% soot load on my DPF after 3 years and 42k miles. Where the emissions equipped diesels really seem to suffer are in short trips and hard use without enough highway driving to burn out the DPF. Keeping the DPF clear seems to be the secret. Hope this helps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts