Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
My Colorado diesel is 3 years old last month - no issues. Love the way it drives - the 2.8 is perfect for this truck. Great mileage too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I made the mistake and forked over way too much money and purchased the new 2.8 Chevy Colorado diesel. I traded my trusty 2011 Toyota Tacoma. This Colorado has been in the shop longer than I have owned it. The turbo charge malfunctioned and I was left with no engine power on a very busy freeway. It is understandable that problems will arise in newly made engines. Although this engine has been produced in other countries since 2012, the parts are not readily available. If you purchase this truck and something breaks, good luck on getting it replaced quickly. I would not buy this truck if I had another chance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've had mine since memorial weekend, have 9800 miles and it's been in the shop 6 times. It loves to go into limp mode either when I'm really far from home, really late at night, or right before I'm supposed to leave on.a long trip!! I wanted this truck since they mentioned putting a diesel in it and jumped on the first deal I found... Now I'm regretting it.
I have 40,000 miles on my ‘17 Colorado and never a problem. Even Towed 7,600 pounds 2,000 miles from NM to GA without any issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I made the mistake and forked over way too much money and purchased the new 2.8 Chevy Colorado diesel. I traded my trusty 2011 Toyota Tacoma. This Colorado has been in the shop longer than I have owned it. The turbo charge malfunctioned and I was left with no engine power on a very busy freeway. It is understandable that problems will arise in newly made engines. Although this engine has been produced in other countries since 2012, the parts are not readily available. If you purchase this truck and something breaks, good luck on getting it replaced quickly. I would not buy this truck if I had another chance.
I have a 2016 DuraMax Z71 Colorado I bought new in March of 2016. It has 81,527 miles on it and so far it has been flawless. I change the oil/filter every 5,000-6,000 miles (Mobil 1), and fuel filters (it has 2) every 15,000 or when the gauge is at 33%. My mpg is around 28MPG around town and 33-37 on the highway (not towing). Maybe I am anal about maintenance, but that's the key. Early on I had a sensor fail, but that was covered under warranty. It's the right size and very economical. A FS truck is just too big. There are lemons with every vehicle made. I got a good one.

·
Super Moderator
391 Posts
As soon as I can swing it, I plan on swapping out the stock intercooler for a larger, freer flowing one. Hoping for better efficiency and maybe less load on the engine will help longevity. Anyhow, that's the plan.

81 - 86 of 86 Posts