Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
@oak1971 has it on his truck and RockCrawlerDude had one on his truck (sold it though). They make good tunes though. Also, having a CAI does not change anything that they are concerned about, I believe I had asked the for a different truck in the past.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@oak1971 has it on his truck and RockCrawlerDude had one on his truck (sold it though). They make good tunes though. Also, having a CAI does not change anything that they are concerned about, I believe I had asked the for a different truck in the past.
Thanks alot. So much to learn reminds me of my when I got my first bike. Google only gets you so much. People know the small stuff that matters.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Be warned that the latest recall service may lock you out of the ECU. Happened to me. I don't know if the guys at Calibrated Power have cracked the latest code or if they plan to.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Be warned that the latest recall service may lock you out of the ECU. Happened to me. I don't know if the guys at Calibrated Power have cracked the latest code or if they plan to.
Thanks . There are no recalls currently on my truck. It is food for thought though.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I think I've received some of the recall notices, but I've ignored them, if they pertain to the ECU and messing with it. Now, if it's something that would not mess with the ECU, then fine, I'll go. Otherwise, not.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I think I've received some of the recall notices, but I've ignored them, if they pertain to the ECU and messing with it. Now, if it's something that would not mess with the ECU, then fine, I'll go. Otherwise, not.
I suspect the dealer is required by the FED to install the ECM updates if your bring your truck in, even if you ask them not to. Short of putting a chastity belt on your OBD port, I am not sure what one can do about that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes they can get you in, I just got my tunes after the recall. No DSP4 switch yet but they are working on it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a Recall for the ECM and I have the Duramax.com Spade tuner on it your saying? Don’t take it in for that Recall. 2018 ZR2 diesel?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks . There are no recalls currently on my truck. It is food for thought though.
I have 2018 ZR2 diesel with Duramax.com tuner I have Recall for ECM Wondering if the will screw with putting my tuner back on after Recall work? I delete tuner every time I take it in for service then reinstall when I get it back home!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have 2018 ZR2 diesel with Duramax.com tuner I have Recall for ECM Wondering if the will screw with putting my tuner back on after Recall work? I delete tuner every time I take it in for service then reinstall when I get it back home!!
I would think that if you do that before every service then that one should be no different. But I dont know anything about this stuff so I'd wait for somebody in the know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have that tune 4 options I love it gives me quick pick up I run it on 3 performance # 4 is more responsive but they say don’t run it to long on #4 performance I never even use # 4. I use #3 for daily driving works great I avg 26.7 mpg. I haven’t towed anything with this tune yet which has tow #2 on it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've been running DT with the dsp4 and trans tune on my 2016 for a year now and like it quite a bit. I don't really care much for tune 4 as it just feels too aggressive and unrefined. I pretty much keep it on either optimized stock (1) or tow (2) and have been very happy with it so I'd suggest 1 or 2 if you're getting the single tune.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts