Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So something that really has been bothering me is that it takes my interior lights for ever to come on when I open the doors. Is there a place to change this setting? Am I crazy that I hate that by the time the interior light comes on I'm already in the truck and closed the door? I'm all the time opening up the truck to try to grab something out of it while it's sitting in the dark garage and I have to stand there and wait for the damn light to come on for longer than it should take me to reach in and get what I need. Somebody help me out here.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Don't they come on when you unlock the truck? I never noticed what you're experiencing. Have you been through all the options in the mylink? There are some vehicle settings in there, door locks and even preheat seats on remote start.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have noticed this too, very slow to come on

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Swap to leds?

Maybe you could jumper the capacitors. Old volvos used to have problems when the circuitry that makes the dome light fade goes bad. It would cause problems like the blinkers not working. Anyway, you could de-solder the capacitors and jumper them and then the lights would just come on instantly instead of fading in and out.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't they come on when you unlock the truck? I never noticed what you're experiencing. Have you been through all the options in the mylink? There are some vehicle settings in there, door locks and even preheat seats on remote start.
I feel like I've gone through just about every possible screen multiple times. It may come on when you hit the fob I'm not sure, I leave it unlocked when it's parked in the garage and that's when it's the issue.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Swap to leds?

Maybe you could jumper the capacitors. Old volvos used to have problems when the circuitry that makes the dome light fade goes bad. It would cause problems like the blinkers not working. Anyway, you could de-solder the capacitors and jumper them and then the lights would just come on instantly instead of fading in and out.
Now this is some next level thinking here... I'll have to look at the housing and see how easily it is disassembled.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Don't fubar your dome lights cuz of my ideas. I just have done that on late 80s and early 90s volvos before. Our lights may be controlled by the computer and not be wired the same way.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I feel like I've gone through just about every possible screen multiple times. It may come on when you hit the fob I'm not sure, I leave it unlocked when it's parked in the garage and that's when it's the issue.
Lock your truck. Problem solved.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LED's are hard to dim so I doubt something as cheap as LED dome lights would. So what would happen is in the early stages where the current light is dim, the LED would be off so it would still take too long to light up the space.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I don't get to keep mine in the garage, otherwise I would test that out. The crawler is in the garage with my wife's car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts