Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After talking to my friend a chevy mech he said they can reprogram the computer in truck to delete turn signal hiper flash. Cost 100 bucks but I hate those hot resistors you put in line for those leds

·
Registered
30 Posts
@farmer4ia

I agree if you're using LED's in the tail lights but the turn signals are intermittent duty when on and on top of that not on all the time. I have them in the turn signals but I am in agreement with you on the heat if they were to be used in the constant on mode like tail lights. I don't know where the break point is but Diode Dynamics ships 6 ohm resisters with their LED's. Simple math says that's 2 amps of heat dissipation (AKA HOT). I have put two of them in series which cuts this down to 1 amp of heat dissipation (not as bad but still hot) and there was no hyper flashing. At this point I am wondering where the break point is of necessary load to keep the hyper flash NANNY happy. If I put LED's in my tail lights I will definitely fork over the 100 bucks. It makes no sense in my mind whatsoever to put efficient LED's in over incandescent lamps and then add resisters (AKA additional load) to fake out the ECM or BCM. all the while loading the electrical system down which requires more energy. In my book it's like opening the window in your home to let the cold out in the summer because your air condition is too cool inside !!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
@farmer4ia

I agree if you're using LED's in the tail lights but the turn signals are intermittent duty when on and on top of that not on all the time. I have them in the turn signals but I am in agreement with you on the heat if they were to be used in the constant on mode like tail lights. I don't know where the break point is but Diode Dynamics ships 6 ohm resisters with their LED's. Simple math says that's 2 amps of heat dissipation (AKA HOT). I have put two of them in series which cuts this down to 1 amp of heat dissipation (not as bad but still hot) and there was no hyper flashing. At this point I am wondering where the break point is of necessary load to keep the hyper flash NANNY happy. If I put LED's in my tail lights I will definitely fork over the 100 bucks. It makes no sense in my mind whatsoever to put efficient LED's in over incandescent lamps and then add resisters (AKA additional load) to fake out the ECM or BCM. all the while loading the electrical system down which requires more energy. In my book it's like opening the window in your home to let the cold out in the summer because your air condition is too cool ins
After talking to my friend a chevy mech he said they can reprogram the computer in truck to delete turn signal hiper flash. Cost 100 bucks but I hate those hot resistors you put in line for those leds
Hi. I have similar or related issue: topper place wired 3rd brake light (LED) to my left turn signal wiring and I ended up with hyper flash and a taillight fault code every time I engaged left turn signal. I unhooked all the scab wiring and carefully resealed it all. But I still have the same hyper flash on the left and fault code pops up. Topper dealer is telling me it’s not there issue and to take it back to the dealer for diagnosing or reprogram. I’m sure they are not going to warranty the issue? Diagnosis is $185 to start? Any ideas how to correct on my own?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts