Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I've had my Colorado for 1 1/2 years, 13,500 during this period I've only experienced 1 DPF cleaning notice at 900 mi. My question is, does the info gauge notify you every time a cleaning occurs?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Nope. Most of the time they’re fairly seamless and you won’t notice it’s haplening unless you’re paying close attention. I’ve never gotten a message

If you want to pay attention to them happening, Indicators are higher idle (900ish vs 750ish) and your instant fuel economy won’t read 99 on deceleration fuel cut off. Also, your average mpg will drop especially if you watch the 25mi average. I’ve Confirmed with my scanner that these are the indicators.

I pay attention to them and, occasionally, if I notice it has started one on the way home I may take the longer way home. But, if one starts on the way to work (short 10mi commute) I won’t take the long way. After work, I’ll let the truck warm up before I leave and it will finish it’s regen on the way home. (I check the idle at the stop signs to see if it’s finished)

Too many short trips and not allowing it to finish will give you the message to keep driving. The truck is looking for certain exhaust temps (1100-1200° I believe) and 30mph+ for about 18-25min. Does not have to be consecutive, it will pick up where it left off.

Hope this helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts