Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following a failure of the DPF at 30,000 I'm considering options for the future. We do not have emission testing, so one option is to remove the DPF and replace it with a aFe exhaust system. How will that affect the Regen process? My understanding is that the Regen is triggered by backpressure and/or a algorithm based on the fuel usage.

·
Registered
102 Posts
There are differential pressure sensors that measure the pre and aft DPF pressures. This goes into a module and it sends that info to the ECM to decide when to regen. Doing a delete involves pulling the entire exhaust from the turbo all the way back. This removers the SCR, the DPF and the DEF injection system. Your tuner would have to be in CA because no US tuner will provided delete tunes anymore thanks to the pinheads at the EPA fining them into submission. Good luck

Please come back and let us know how you resolve your problems.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm considering the 2016-2020 COLORADO/CANYON 2.8L DURAMAX DPF/EGR DELETE TUNING from HD Diesel Supply. Has anyone made the change and how has it been?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm considering the 2016-2020 COLORADO/CANYON 2.8L DURAMAX DPF/EGR DELETE TUNING from HD Diesel Supply. Has anyone made the change and how has it been?
On some of the other forums there have been a few that have used HD Diesel Supply and they were satisfied with the results.
Let us know how you make out as I'm sure there will be others that will be interested in you thoughts when done.

·
Registered
102 Posts

Use their search window and put in HD Diesel Supply

1 - 6 of 6 Posts