Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 Colorado diesel 16K miles
CEL light came on 4-8-18
Took in on 4-10-18. Codes P1478 and P24B1.
Dealer says need dpf sensor #55502921.
part on backorder. checked other dealers no luck. GM can give no eta.
Called Gm customer service. That was a waste of time. Rep didn't seem to care if
truck gets repaired or not. Anybody have any ideas on how to get GM off their butts and do something.
Have been real happy with truck up til now. This is my first Chevrolet truck after 38 years driving Fords.
Might be my last if this happens whenever a part is needed.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thank the Washington bureaucrats with all their EPA regulations that are based on contain unrealistic data.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep too much regulation from govment. Nope not in CA. Live in IA. Can't afford to risk voiding warranty at this time, maybe after some more miles.
Heard from dealer, part is on the way should be here next week. Will see how it pans out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yep too much regulation from govment. Nope not in CA. Live in IA. Can't afford to risk voiding warranty at this time, maybe after some more miles.
Heard from dealer, part is on the way should be here next week. Will see how it pans out.
Not sure why your dealer would tell you that... The replacement diesel particulate matter sensor does not exist. Trust me I've been dealing with this issue since 4-5-18

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Probably just have to put on a whole new exhaust system to replace the DPF sensor. Think it's all built as one isn't it.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I think the DPF senor is just the barometric pressure delta sensor? I don’t know. The dealer will fix it for you

·
Registered
60 Posts
I must have timed it just right, I only had to wait a week for the sensor...they installed it and re-flashed on Tuesday, drove 200 miles so far with no issues

1 - 14 of 14 Posts