Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Mine is rusty also. High heat and cheap stainless is showing here also.
I am going to wrap mine. I believe that will allow for a passive partial regen.
Although I believe that will only save a bit of fuel. Not actually increases DPF longevity.

Does anyone know of a good wrap that will survive wet and very hot conditions?

Rob
I think any header wrap you get from Jegs of Summit will do the trick. Racing headers routinely idle at 800 degrees and peak over 1900 so you should be OK. I know the roundy-round guys wrap their headers and they are sustaining well over 1500 degrees constant during a race and the wrapping lasts a whole season. Heatshield Products makes awesome stuff too. I was speaking to Steve Heye at Heatshield Product and their "Heatshield Armor" holds in the most heat and is the most durable.

Art.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Thanks

Rob

·
Registered
193 Posts
I think any header wrap you get from Jegs of Summit will do the trick. Racing headers routinely idle at 800 degrees and peak over 1900 so you should be OK. I know the roundy-round guys wrap their headers and they are sustaining well over 1500 degrees constant during a race and the wrapping lasts a whole season. Heatshield Products makes awesome stuff too. I was speaking to Steve Heye at Heatshield Product and their "Heatshield Armor" holds in the most heat and is the most durable.

Art.
sounds good.
I got some from a motorcycle shop and it fell apart..

41 - 43 of 43 Posts