Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello gang. I thought I'd have another 70,000 miles before it happened. (at 70,000 currently) I thought by the time I saw DPF errors I'd be riding on someone else's YouTube video, but alas it is not so. Yesterday the truck threw a P2459-00 error and reduced engine power while towing 6,000 lbs down the highway at 70 MPH. Luckily I keep my ODBII reader from autel in the truck and witht he help of the app on my phone I kicked off a service regen, then enabled regen mode and cleared the trouble code. The problem went away for about 800 miles before it threw the code again. Luckily I had arrived at the end of my road trip and I am no longer towing.

So here's the question, DPF delete isn't an option for me. My home state checks for the equipment. The current search for Canadian jobs is on hold until they open the boarder again so I'll just have to fix it and leave it functional. Where do I start, how do I troubleshoot this? Where the heck is a diagram with parts numbers and parts descriptions? Basically I can keep clearing the code until I get home, but eventually I'll need to fix it and paying a dealer is not my style.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts